Welcome to our Travel Blog!

Hi, and welcome to our RV Travel Blog! We hope you enjoy our writings. If you are a camper, I hope you find them helpful. The posts are list in order from recent back to earliest.... so if you want to read in order that they were written, scroll down or click the "Previous Posts" on the right. Also look at the "Archive" links on the right. Our trip and family photos are in the Dotphoto.com site in the links section on the left.
We welcome your comments: please sign the GuestBook by clicking on the link at the left.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Busy Saturday

Today was a very busy day. I had a ton of stuff to get done, and on top of that it was a very hot and humid day.

First, I needed to get the Civic to the Honda Doc. Thats where I get all of the work done on both of our Hondas...the Civic and Pam's '99 Accord.

I mentioned before that there was some type of grinding sound comming out from under the hood. But I stopped worrying too much about it when I found that if I turn on the air conditioner, the noise stops. I figured that it was just an air conditioner thing. Then I started thinking about some of the isolated areas we may be visiting in New Mexico, and worried that a break down there could be a real problem. So, a trip to Honda Doc.

By 10 AM, the pully was fixed and I'm on my way. Then to Small Bros for a tire rotation. They are a tire dealer in Monroe, and also my Cousins and Aunt. That done, it was over to Outerbelt Lube to get the oil changed. And back home by Noon.

Now to install the MaxAir vent cover. All went as expected. It was really easy to install. Just put the vent cover over the vent you want to cover, mark the spot for the bracket holes, drill the holes in the vent, install the mounting brackets and then attach the cover. All done in about 20 - 30 minutes. Only one little problem - this big vent cover that I thought I had to buy wouldn't fit. It has such a large overhang to the rear of the vent that it was blocked by the AC cover next to the vent.

I ended up installing it over the bathroom vent, not the kitchen vent where I wanted it. It will work there and allow the bathroom vent to be used even when it's raining. And now that I know the secret of the self tapping screws, I will get one of the standard roof vent covers later.

Next comes the RV wash. Bucket, brushs, water hose, soap. One hour later, its done. And it was really dirty even though we have not really been anywhere. It has just been so dry here, and with all of the dust, it was really a mess. There was actually a lot of black grime on the slideout covers, and they looked 100% better when they were good and clean.

But I am still wondering what I am going to do to check the tire pressure.

No comments: