Welcome to our Travel Blog!

Hi, and welcome to our RV Travel Blog! We hope you enjoy our writings. If you are a camper, I hope you find them helpful. The posts are list in order from recent back to earliest.... so if you want to read in order that they were written, scroll down or click the "Previous Posts" on the right. Also look at the "Archive" links on the right. Our trip and family photos are in the Dotphoto.com site in the links section on the left.
We welcome your comments: please sign the GuestBook by clicking on the link at the left.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Toad Wiring

I stopped at Northern Tool and Equipment tonight on the way home from work. They pretty much have everything you need for trailers, towing, hitches, light kits, etc.

I ended up getting a couple of items that I thought would work for me. The first thing is a 5 to 4 "Combiner/Adapter" According to the package, it provides conversion and isolation for tow vehicles that have separate amber turn signals and red break lights. It is a neat water proof little package with 5 wires in and 4 out. Apparently it has a diode in it that keeps feedback from getting back into the MH wiring, while converting it to the 4 wire connector that is on the Civic.

The other item I bought is a 7 blade adapter that I can wire myself. Now all I need to do is figure out which blades on the Bounder's trailer connector operate the various lights. Then it will just be a matter of connecting the wires.

I will have to get my test meter out tomorrow when I have the time.



No comments: